Day Out with a Berbers to High Atlas Mountains
- Duration: 8 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Marrakech , Marrakech, Marrakech-Tensift-El Haouz Region, Morocco
- Product code: Dayout
A Day Out with the Berber to High Atlas
Discover the Berber way of life and the authentic Moroccan in the High Atlas Mountains
only over one hour and half drive from Marrakech. Drive across some of the most
beautiful valleys to the village of Imlil dominated by Mount Toubkal, the
highest peak in North Africa.
Start a soft hike, or ride a mule, to one of the highest and most picturesque Berber
villages. Meet with the local Berber people who are the earliest inhabitants of
Morocco and discover their way of life and culture. During this hike you will
admire breath-taking mountain sceneries. Learn how local traditional mint tea
and homemade bread are made and enjoy a traditional typical lunch in a Berber
home in the heart of the High Atlas.
Duration: Full day
Inclusions & Exclusions
- Hotel / Hostel Pickup Transportation and driver ( A/C car ) from and to Marrakech
- English speaking tour guide to pick up u from your hotel
- A guided walk in the national park and a stroll in the fields and orchards of apples, peaches, cherries and apricots.
- Visit weekly local souks at Tahanaout and Asni (Tuesdays and Saturdays) Ourika ( Monday ) Amizmiz ( Sunday )
- Learn how local traditional mint tea is made
- Try your hand at homemade bread
- Try one of the following:
* Chicken Tajine with picked lemons and olives,
* Lamb Tajine with figs and walnuts,
* lamb tajine with vegetables
* Beef with prune and almonds.
* Lamb or Chicken Cous Cous with seasonal vegetables
(vegetarian options are also available).
Lunch on the terrace with panoramic views of the stunning landscape (3 course Berber lunch).
- Alcoholic drinks
- Travel insurance
- Drinks ( soda )
- Mule hire ,
- Tips and items of a personal nature,
- Travel insurance.
Departure & Return
Departure Point : From your hotel in Marrakech or your Riad ( or the place has mentiend in the plan )
Departs : See Availability
Departure Time : 9h30 am
Return Details : Returns to original departure
point at 17h30
What To Expect :
Meet our driver in Marrakesh at 09h30am. On our way short visit of the weekly market of Tahennaout ( Thuesday ) Asni (Saturday) . Continue toward the gorges of Moulay and stop to visit ladies cooperative of Argan Oil (it’s an optional if you wish ) . Arrive in Imlil Valley around 11:00am Traditional welcome with a cup of tea at the local restaurant. Take a guided walk in the national park and a stroll in the fields and orchards of apples,peaches, cherries and apricots .Once you arrive to the homestay you will be welcomed by local lady who will show you how local traditional mint tea and homemade bread making in a wood fired clay oven and enjoy a generous bread. Discover typical village life in a community of about 40 families.
Depart Imlil around 16:00pm and back to Marrakesh an hour and a half later.
What to Bring: Camera, Hat, Sunblock, Change of Clothes